Pages

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Geniverse: Solve Genetics Problems

I was recently asked to review this genenics-based gaming site to see if it would be good to use in the classroom.  I thought it to be quite interesting so I thought I'd pass it along.  The video below is from the website and they explain it a bit to you.  
Personally, I thought it was a pretty good tool and it sure did use my brain!  In each stage you are dealing with genes, eggs, sperm, etc to match up or create certain types of dragons.  It is fairly simplistic, yet difficult enough to try your brain.
The only thing I noticed from a gamer standpoint is that (in the demo mode at least) it was very easy to accidentally click on the wrong button, sending you back to the beginning of the game.  The fix for this is signing up for the real version which tracks the students and saves where one left off.

Click here to go to the Geniversity Website to get started with the Geniverse Game.




0 comments:

Post a Comment