Pages

Monday, April 27, 2015

Little Alchemy

I've talked about Little Alchemy before but it was recently brought back to my attention as my 2nd grade daughter has gotten quite excited about it lately.  I showed it to her last week and she danced all over the place in excitement as she figured out what combinations she could make to create new objects.  It was exciting to me to play along with her and listen as she discussed possible options and what each pair could create.
The Game Area

The game starts you out with three things: Air, Earth, Fire and Water.  According to my Google Searches, I have found that you can create 556 total combinations from those 4 items.  You begin by taking each one and dragging it out to the playing surface and pairing them together.  So, for example, you could put fire and water together and that creates.....steam!! 

The game continues until, if you're good, you discover all of the possible combinations.  Some we have made include a car, a chicken and even a zombie!  Some are silly and some are educational but all in all it is a really fun game! 

Little Alchemy is available online, in the App Store and the Play Store.  Be sure to login with an email address to save your work!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment